6 February 2011

03.02.11
Escapism Imagery
After looking at Su Blackwell's work again I felt I had starting point for creating the right mood for my look book. I was inspired by her use of escaping birds and butterflies and began collecting together more imagery I felt in some way conveyed the same feeling. I tried to choose images that I also felt would relate to Lucy so that as well as communicating a mood I would be communicating her style.
Birds.
Bicycles.
Books.
Nature.
Letter writing.
Porcelain animals.
Tea.
Text.
Here are some of the other images I've collected, I'm not sure which ones will defiantly make it in to the book yet but seeing them all together in a sort of mood board will hopefully help me pick out the stronger imagery;


I still plan to make a concertina style book so that all the pages can be folded out and viewed together. I feel this is the best format to create a mood and give a sense of a 'journey' through the book with the pop out letters 'e' 's' 'c' 'a' 'p' 'e' taking you from the first page to the last....


No comments:

Post a Comment