14 February 2011


11.02.11
http://vimeo.com/19044038
I found one quite interesting video about Escapism called Curiouser by Michaela Lynch, she says the piece "explores the ideas of escapism through three different endings. While investigating what traps us, why we are miserable, why we want to escape." When i was watching it I didn't really feel escapism was being communicated to me, more the mundane of everyday and how it grinds you down. However visually I thought it was really attractive so have included some stills below. The one to the left was from the start of another film but I thought I would record it. Perhaps I might start my piece with a definition to set the tone?




I liked how the space fills up with boxes as the film goes on and reaches a denouement where everything becomes to much and she has to go to bed with the quilt over her head.



This film was just something I came across on stumbleupon.com, not really relevant, just a clever little film with interesting effects. And an interesting soundtrack.



I have included this film for its use of text in the video. It just something else I stumbled upon but I do really like it. The way the words illustrate the song and glide across the screen kind of draw you in to the music more.

No comments:

Post a Comment