14 February 2011

11.02.11
Inanimate Animation

Ive collected some examples of pieces animating inanimate objects as I am really being drawn to working this way for my film. I feel like I want my piece to be of a handmade quality, to tie in with my look book and so it is of a form that represents its context, Lucy and her work. Use of collected found objects will also relate to Lucy. I think I want my short film to be playful and fun so it can interestingly deliver its message.

This piece uses PES sweets to create a fireworks display;




I really like the use of stop motion animation with these everyday objects, I think its probably the most effective way of plausibly making them move. The way the sock appears to be 'escaping' here is quite interesting and possibly the kind of scenario i want to create, just with a little more romance, not so everyday sock.



This piece was the most professional of the 3 here as each still is of photographic quality and scenes obviously well considered. Its a well made and amusing little video very apt for Valentines day! It also uses porcelain animals which I have considered for my film as I used them in my look book and Lucy collects them;



The start to this piece is completely what I would love to be able to do in my film (if only I knew how!) It incorporates paper cutting with the animation of objects as a butterfly shape flies out of the paper and around the house. The video wouldn't show on here but below is the youtube link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOGJX79MTcs

No comments:

Post a Comment