3 May 2011

12.03.11
Hot air balloons, parachutes, sails

My dada style brainstorm led to quite afew little ideas that i have been further exploring in my sketchbook. One of these was to do with hot air balloons, which reminded me of the parachutes small children play under:


In turn this 'interior' reminded me of this piece of work by Gisela Stromeyer that I had in a book about retail interior design:


The stretched white sails create something magical in an otherwise bland space. Thinking back to my research on Speakeasies something like this could create a beautiful fantasy environment to hide away in safe from the pressures of the outside world. I am really excited by this idea and feel like lots of little pieces to my final design are slowly coming together...

No comments:

Post a Comment