4 May 2011

Concept to Construction


I feel quite prepared going in to the final model making stages of the project as I think I have a strong design and have been considering this process through the design stages so have some idea of what materials I want to use, with my sketch model coming in really useful as I can see exactly what form I am aiming for just at a much larger scale (1:25). When speaking to the workshop technicians my model was also useful as I could just show them what I was aiming for rather than giving a long unclear explanation.

I'm planning to use clear acrylic, MDF, plywood, mirrored acrylic and polypropylene to make my model and will have to create 2 files on Vectorworks or Illustrator for laser etching the traditional shop front design on to the acrylic window and one for laser cutting the bookcase silhouette for the seat in the centre of the main bookcase.






No comments:

Post a Comment