3 May 2011

Speakeasy Space
Although still not 100% on the form of my design I have made some decisions about the interior elements inside it. I like certain parts of my initial bookshop sketches and feel that will come together when the final shape of the space is decided. For the second, secret space I am really drawn to the idea I wrote about previously, a room full of giant sails to hide in inspired by Gisela Stromeyer.


Making this idea my own I plan to have the while sails forming hammocks high in the ceiling and creating social spaces encouraging interaction, reading, talking together down on the ground. This will also create the perfect environment for Lucy to hold bibliotherapy sessions, then the client can take themselves off up a rope ladder in to a hammock and read their suggested book undisturbed by any one else or life outside this bubble of calm...

No comments:

Post a Comment